0616—Transport and Infrastructure—OPAL TOP-UP MACHINES
Dr Faruqi to the Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, and Vice-President of the Executive Council representing the Minister for Transport and Infrastructure—
- How many Opal top-up machines were available at train stations as of 30 September 2015?
- How many will be available by 31 December 2015?
- Which stations in New South Wales have Opal top-up machines?
- Will the Government roll out top-up machines that accept cash?
- Why does the Government require a minimum top-up amount?
- Why does the Government not allow public transport users to select their own top-up amount rather than selecting from increments?
I am advised: Close to 350 machines will be rolled out across train stations, ferry wharves, and bus and light rail stops by early next year, providing coverage for the vast majority of customers.
Question asked on 20 October 2015 (session 56-1) and printed in Questions & Answers Paper No. 30.
Answer received on 24 November 2015 and to be printed in a Questions & Answers Paper on 23 February 2016.