The Greens are running a campaign to stop the $3 billion NorthConnex project that will not reduce congestion as claimed by the Government. Travel times on Pennant Hills Rd will still increase if NorthConnex is built and pollution will be diverted to exhaust stacks in our community.
The solution for reducing congestion is getting freight on rail and improving rail links between Sydney and Newcastle.
Key media releases relating to NorthConnex:
- NorthConnex No Solution for Northern Sydney Road Congestion
- Northern Sydney Residents Not Being Heard on NorthConnex
- NorthConnex Motorway Shows More Outdated Thinking
- NSW Government must heed Federal warnings on ‘gambler’s addiction to roads’
- After O’Farrell, Planning Must Change
External media relating to NorthConnex:
- Hills News: Asthma Foundation CEO Michele Goldman concerned NorthConnex will repeat M5 mistakes
- Crikey: Transurban’s (toll) road to riches